Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Bad Desat off the vent!

Well I was off the ventilator today and well I felt weak and my vision was blurry. Well I checked my Oxygen, and the printer went off and the alarm went off and  I could not see the screen because of m vision, so I toar off the Printer paper, or rather CUT it off, and showed it to Mom. "DESAT 74%, DESAT 74%!!" Well It was obvious I was going  to do one thing. "PUT ON THE VENT!!!"  It might get to the point where if I'm off the vent, I will have to be on oxygen!" Things otherwise have been really well. I saw a friend today who came over to visit me, and well We told her about what I'd done to my Dad's hospital bed when he was in the hospital.

OK, It's a long story, but We'll start when Dad was in the hospital in Cardiac Stepdown.

So I was visiting him in FEB of 2013 and He wasn't in the bed, and was sitting up in the chair. Well as I was sitting in his comfortable bed, I'd grabbed the manual off of the foot of the bed and started reading it with my Iphone's reader. So after reading it, and understanding the whole entire thing, I got down and then  put what I'd read into action. I got into external Menus, and got the bed into a flat position. After this had successfully been performed, I'd locked the bed in that position in a very unique way that well as You will read later, or listen later depending on if you read visually or use a text to speech reader like I do, but None of the nurses knew how to unlock the bed using the method I'd used. Well  when I'd left I guess I forgot to place Dad's Bed back in the position that It was in prior to me coming.  Well  Poor Dad went to get in the bed and well It woudln't sit up the way thathe wanted it. He called the Nurses and well none of them knew what to do. All of their unlocking procedures FAILED as I'd locked the bed in a way that involved getting into deep Menus that Nobody knew even existed in that bed. LOL Ohhhhh, Poor Dad couldn't do a thing with that bed. Well They called  Maintenance Department. THEY DID NOT KNOW HOW TO GET  THE BED UNLOCKED. They called  the Head of Maintenance, and they did not have a clue how to fix it. Finally they said, "We'll have to get you another bed, as we have no idea what's going on!" Dad liked the bed that he was in and did not want another bed. He finally said, "No, Let me call Johann, and see if he can fix what he did!" He called me on the way home when Mom was driving  me home, and I instructed him with Maintenance there with him, how to get into the Menus, or as I'd call them Minuets, and how to UNLOCK the bed. Well, he got it unlocked, and needless to say went to bed. LOL. My friend and I were laughing, and I had a minor desat from laughing on the vent, but It was f funny back then and still is just as funny today as it was back then.

Well you've had your story  for today. Thank you very much, and God Bless you.

Remember, ONLY HE, can love you Perfectly!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for wanting to comment on my blog, my life is full of positive thoughts and blessings. No comments displaying negativity will be allowed on my blog. Thank you and have a blessed day!