Saturday, March 26, 2016

Something isn't right, but I'm not sure what!

Hello, and what I wonderful cold and wintery morning that it is. Something is off with my CO2 or something but last night even with the Breath Rate of 20 and a VT of 480 I woke up feeling like my CO2 was elevated. I've increased my breath to 22 to see what happens. You know, honestly in the short periods of time I've tried it for a few minutes the most comfortable rates for me are the High rates like 30 with low Tidal Volumes, but I'm not an infant and I  do not have CO2 monitoring to see what my CO2 is so unless I can get ETCO2 monitoring from  a written script from my Dr. and UNLESS my DME actually has CO2 monitoring available for me, I really am not going to  have any idea what it is, so I don't want to go ventilating myself at the comfortable rate of 30 and feel like my CO2 is perfect and that I'm most comfortable when My CO2 could be in the 20s, so I just need to figure something out. Now when I perform my IPV treatments that is probably the absolute most comfortable vent settings because I go into Pressure Ccontrol and I actually decrease the Inspiratory Time to  0.3 Seconds and set the breath Rate at 80 and that's the maximum ventilator rate for the LTV ventilators otherwise I'd be using higher rates for the IPV treatments. The rate of 80 is what works for me during my simulated IPV. LOL. I just wonder why the rate of 20 seems to be too slow. I'm not going anyhigher on my VT because my IBW does not call for it! More on the IBW in a later blog post.  My SPO2 remained stable with the current PEEP of 12cmH2O and so for now we've got the oxygenation under good control.

For an adult the PEEP of 12 is pretty high, but hey, my Plateu Pressures are like 22 and 23 so they are under 25cmH2O and It is what keeps me good and oxygenated so that is what we will use. Prior to the increase in the PEEP ot was at 12cmH2O however when I started seeing desats I decided it was time to Increase the PEEP and see what happened, and what happened? The Desats stopped! That is what we were looking for, and so we reached our goal with the PEEP of 12 and so the PEEP will remain at 12cmH2O until further notice!

Thank you all and May God Bless you and Keep you.
Remember, ONLY HE, can Love you PERFECTLY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for wanting to comment on my blog, my life is full of positive thoughts and blessings. No comments displaying negativity will be allowed on my blog. Thank you and have a blessed day!